Our beautiful 5-acre campus, located just south of Fort Collins, Colorado, allows our students to learn about nature first hand and hands-on! This is accomplished while tending to various animals and gardens and participating in our equestrian program. The open and airy classrooms are rich in beautiful, enticing Montessori materials that promote intellectual growth. Our groups are small — 1:12 in Kindergarten and 1:10 in Preschool Students learn individually as well as in small multi-aged groups.
Montessori schools are designed to prepare children both for university and for life. There are three key ideas that are central to the mission as a Montessori school:
- It is not the adult who shapes the child; it is the child who, through his experiences creates an adult human being.
- Teaching is not something that one can do to another, we can only facilitate the natural process of learning.
- There is a clear connection between one’s sense of self, of being fully alive and open to new ideas and experience, and ability to learn.
Montessori curriculum is designed to intrigue children and develop a lifelong love of learning. No topic is presented just once and forgotten; lessons are introduced quite concretely in the early years and are reintroduced later at increasing degrees of complexity and abstraction.
Montessori classes are warm, relaxed, and incredibly safe and secure. These are communities in which children have learned how to live and work in partnership with their adult mentors.
The children are respected as individuals and work at their own pace.
Montessori teachers operate from the understanding that intelligence, creativity, and imagination can be found in every child.
In keeping with the principles of Montessori, we endeavor to see all children demonstrate:
- A passion for learning
- The ability to choose and engage for long periods of time in work that is personally fulfilling
- The ability to identify a social problem and contribute to its solution
- The knowledge of how to respect and restore the natural environment
- An understanding of cultural and racial differences as a call for celebration
- The accomplishment of self-discipline and responsible choice
(3 through 6 year olds)
Full Day Preschool 6:30 – 6:00 (M-F, except major holidays)
3-Hour Preschool 9:00 – 12:00 or 1:00 – 4:00
7-Hour Extended Day 8:30 – 3:30
Limited CCAP openings
Kindergarten 8:30 – 3:30
Before and After School Programs for Kindergarten and School-Aged
Students 6:30 – 8:30 and 3:30 – 6:00 (M-F, except major holidays).
Please call or email us for availability.
Full Day and 3-Hour AM programs available.